From the Desk of Mr. Hatala …
Dear MEC Families,
Weather permitting, on Wednesday, February 3, 2016, we will have reached the 100th day of school at MEC. It is hard to believe that the school year has surpassed our mid-year point. Our Elementary Center is buzzing with the wonderful sounds of learning. For many students, so much of what they have been working on suddenly begins to make sense as they begin to put all their previously learned skills together and apply them accordingly. The teachers and I are extremely proud of the effort and progress that our students continue to make. Thank you parents, for your support as you too make school a priority.
· February 5th, NFL Team Attire Dress Down Day.
· February 5th, Moscow Melodies will perform prior to NP High School
Basketball game at 7:00pm.
· February 10th, Parent/Teacher Evening Conferences - 6:00-8:00pm.
· February 11th, 2nd grade Valentine’s Day Cabaret - 9:30am-café.
· February 12th, early dismissal (12:15pm); Parent/Teacher afternoon
· February 15th, Presidents’ day - No school.
· February 29th, Student assembly - Local Author Program.
Please make every attempt to have your child attend school every day. Students need to be in class prior to 9:00am and should not be picked up prior to 3:30pm. Good attendance plus a positive attitude equal
success in school. Parents, please continue to stay active in your child’s education; communicate regularly with your child’s teacher and schedule/attend necessary conferences. Our goal is to have a very successful second semester of school. All students can and will be successful if we emphasize the following: working together, parents scheduling a time and place for children to complete homework, expecting students to read for 15-20 minutes per evening, and students completing their assignments to the best of their ability. Let’s set high expectations, hold students accountable, and be North Pocono Proud!
Mr. Jeff Hatala