****NEW OFFICE HOURS****
6:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday
Office Phone number 570-842-7893
If office phone cannot be reached you may call:
570-209-1504 or 570-209-1505
The transportation office oversees all aspects of student transportation, including:
- Developing bus routes in conjunction with contractors
- Developing privately-contracted van routes as needed
- Managing the assignment of all district-enrolled students to appropriate transportation, including those with special needs
- Coordinating/managing transportation for non-public and parochial school students who are residents of the district
- Coordinating/managing transporation for students who are placed at out-of-district facilities
- Coordinating/managing transportation for field trips
- Managing student data related to transportation and generating reports therefrom
- Providing a liason between bus contractors and the district
- Developing contracts for both bus and van contractors (in conjunction with district administrators)
- Communicating with parents about transportation-related issues
- Coordinating board approval for all bus/van drivers with human resources
- Assisting the district office with resident-status verification of students
- Working with both bus/van drivers and administrators on student safety issues, including discipline
- Buses used for transporting students for the North Pocono School District are equipped with video recording devices to help assure safe operation of the bus and to help assure the safety and protection of all students.
- If the need arises for your child to ride a bus other than his/her assigned bus, you must send a note to the school giving exact directions, including the phone number of the drop-off point. The office will issue a bus pass on a space-available basis. There is a chance that there will not be enough room on the requested bus, which will result in the pass being denied.
- Parents are requested to call the transportation office (located in the North Pocono Middle School) at (570) 842-7893 for any specific busing questions.
- School buses are required to stop at railroad crossings; any driver failing to do so should be reported to the local police jurisdiction, and the Pennsylvania State Police. A call to the transportation department, at (570) 842-7893, is also important. It is required that the person witnessing the violation report it to the police.
- The Pennsylvania Vehicle Code (75 Pa.C.S.) states that all vehicles must stop for a school bus stopped with its red lights flashing.
- Transportation brochures containing important busing information will be distributed to all students in grades one through five. Kindergarten students received theirs at kindergarten registration. If you did not receive one, please contact your child’s school for a copy. Please note that kindergarten students will only be dropped off at the bus stop in the afternoon if a parent/guardian or designated adult is present. If an adult is not at the stop and the driver/school has not been notified of any change in procedure the driver will take the child back to the District Office located in the Middle School. The parent will be contacted and is responsible to pick up the child at the District Office.
- In the event that your child/children miss the bus at their stop, please do not have your child/children get out of the car behind the bus at another stop and walk or run along side the bus to board it. This manner of boarding the bus is very unsafe. The bus driver may not be able to see them and start to pull away. If one of the children were to trip and fall under the back wheels of the bus, the results would be tragic. The safety of your children is very important to us.
- Because there are so many variables when dealing with transportation, elementary parents are asked to be patient the first week of school until bus routes and times become more established. Time delays are to be expected until adjustments can be made. Please keep in mind that because of scheduling and the number of children transported, your child must be at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to scheduled pick up time.
- Occasionally, a child may miss his/her bus stop at the end of the school day or get on a wrong bus. Should this occur the following procedures will be followed by the bus driver:
-If a driver has an elementary run only, they will take the child home at the end of the run.
-If a driver has both an elementary and secondary run at the end of the day, they will take the child home if time allows, if not, the child will be brought to the District Office located in the Middle School to call home.
- Parents are responsible for notifying the school of any change in their routine.
- Note to Jefferson Elementary parents: for the safety of all Jefferson Elementary students, please follow the signs and lines in the parking lot area for the designated parent drop-off area.
|Moscow Elementary Center
|Jefferson Elementary Center
|North Pocono Middle School
HAMM Transit: (570) 689-2289
Mar-Chet Transit: (570) 689-2289
North Pocono Bus: (570 842-2773
Pocono Transportation: (570) 842-0480
Ted Stout Bussing: (570) 842-0336