Student Registration Procedures
Although school registration involves forms, minimum requirements, and documentation, the North Pocono School District wants to make the process as easy as possible for parents and/or guardians. Do note, however, that failure to provide all of the necessary documentation can cause delays in enrolling your child.
- You may register your child/children at our Central Registration office located in the Intermediate School. Office hours are 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM during the summer and 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM during the school year.
- The district has consolidated all of the necessary paperwork into a single form available here. While the form is 18 pages in length, you will not have to gather and track multiple forms. We have attempted to remove as much redundancy as possible, although several government-required forms will require re-entry of certain pieces of information. Much of the form may be completed right in your web browser, but note two things: (1) the information you fill into the form cannot be saved, so (2) print the form after you complete it. If you cannot complete it in one sitting, print the form and fill in the rest by hand.
- Note that some of the information on the form is labeled "Office Use Only": please skip these areas.
- Except for cases of exemption, the child's immunization record will need to be completed by a physician (detailed on pages 12-13).
- You will need to provide three proofs of residence (detailed on page 17).
- You will need to provide a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or passport.
- All entering students should apply for the National School Lunch Program, which provides free or reduced-cost school lunch to students that meet certain income guidelines. It is critical that all students apply for this program because every eligible student who applies increases federal funding for the district in ALL areas...from special education to technology to tutoring. This is a highly-confidential program, and, with our electronic point of sale system, participating students cannot be identified in the serving lines. The application window opens July 1 before the school year starts and closes at the end of the school year. Students must reapply each year and transfer students must re-apply upon entering the North Pocono School District. You are encouraged to apply online here...it is the fastest method for approval.
- For students transferring from another school, you will need to provide comprehensive school records or complete page 18 of the form to allow the district to receive said records directly from the previous school.
- For children receiving special education services, you will need to provide a copy of the latest IEP (Individual Education Program), ER (Evaluation Report), Notice of Recommended Educational Placement, and Psychological/Psychiatric Reports.
- If you have questions about the registration process, please call any school building office.