The Security Services Office oversees all aspects of building, personnel, and student security. The office is led by Mr. Ian R. Farr, Assistant to the Superintendent. A graduate of North Pocono High School, Mr. Farr holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education English from Bloomsburg University, a Master of Science degree in Classroom Technology from Wilkes University, and a Master of Science degree in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification from Wilkes University. Over the course of 20 years, Mr. Farr served as a middle school English teacher, an assistant principal, and a building principal at North Pocono before being named to his current position.
The duties of the Security Office include:
- Training, outfitting, and deployment of school security officers
- Policy development and implementation for school security matters
- Development of agreements with municipal police departments
- Budgeting, selecting, and implementing systems designed to improve school security
- Ensuring that all plans and documents related to school security are up-to-date and distributed in a secure fashion to only those with a need to know
- Overseeing state and federal reporting related to school security