The Transportation Office oversees all aspects of student transportation. The office is led by Mr. Ian R. Farr, Assistant to the Superintendent. A 1997 graduate of North Pocono High School, Mr. Farr holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education English from Bloomsburg University, a Master of Science degree in Classroom Technology from Wilkes University, and a Master of Science degree in Educational Leadership with Principal Certification from Wilkes University. Over the course of 20 years, Mr. Farr served as a middle school English teacher, an assistant principal, and a building principal at North Pocono before being named to his current position.
The duties of the Transportation Office include:
- Developing bus routes in conjunction with contractors,
- Developing privately-contracted van routes as needed,
- Managing the assignment of all district-enrolled students to appropriate transportation, including those with special needs,
- Coordinating/managing transportation for non-public and parochial school students who are residents of the district,
- Coordinating/managing transportation for students who are placed at out-of-district facilities,
- Coordinating/managing transportation for field trips,
- Managing student data related to transportation and generating reports therefrom,
- Providing a liason between bus contractors and the district,
- Developing contracts for both bus and van contractors,
- Communicating with parents about transportation-related issues,
- Assisting the district office with resident-status verification of students, and
- Working with both bus/van drivers and administrators on student safety issues, including discipline.